How Nascar should do a fair scheduling

Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
Have all tracks put in a three tier system Tier 1 all tracks wanting one cup race a year. The divide the remaining tracks into two tiers . Half in tier 2 that would have 2 races on even years and 1 on odd years. The other half tier 3 would have 2 races on odd years and 1 on even years. The one race years would give time for construction or paving. . Would allow additional tracks and off weeks.
updated by @harvey-tollison: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
14 years ago
242 posts
Sorry ! Your idea makes too much sense. Nascar would never agree to it.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Harvey, do you know what you are asking those clowns to do?? That would cause some thinking and planning. At the moment they are not in the planning mood but in the mood for money,more money.Brian is hungry,Bruton is greedy, the tracks are playing Russian Roulette and the drivers are playing the field. This leaves the audience setting outside waiting to see if and when their track will open for races next year.The grass roots tracks are being abused and misused for the supposedly enjoyment of other tracks fans. If this is so why did they build so much grandstands, oh wait for more money,but they arent filling the stands,Fontana looked like practice day in the stands and Pocono and Michigan were minus seat holders too. So now Atlanta is being taken advantage of and New hamphire is loosing one too.I could go on but you see they are not planning to utilize the grass roots where it all started but rather say they will survive and create new Fairgrounds or worse yet Pop festivals and Flea Market parking. My point and everyone should have one too if they a true fan, if not well, the next yard sale begins soon----------------------------------------memories
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
Well said, Johnny............but it's all about the money now. Nascar & some of the track owners (Bruton Smith & the France family) no longer care about the core racing fans. When these people start jockeying around with the racing schedule, deleting races (Atlanta) which had been on the schedule for years, moving races to tracks which are sleep-inducing, you can bet it's all about trying to figure out how to make more money. They have completely forgotten about the diehard core fans who made the sport what it is. It has nothing to do with loyalty anymore, it's all about numbers. Sad.
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
We have the final say with our ticket purchases. Viva North Wilksboro and Rockingham Ernest Sutton said:
Well said, Johnny............but it's all about the money now. Nascar & some of the track owners (Bruton Smith & the France family) no longer care about the core racing fans. When these people start jockeying around with the racing schedule, deleting races (Atlanta) which had been on the schedule for years, moving races to tracks which are sleep-inducing, you can bet it's all about trying to figure out how to make more money. They have completely forgotten about the diehard core fans who made the sport what it is. It has nothing to do with loyalty anymore, it's all about numbers. Sad.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
Any schedule which does NOT include the Southern 500 at Darlington on Labor Day weekend it a bust with me. That was the proverbial "straw" for me.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
14 years ago
238 posts
It is obvious that Brutus and Fryin Brian are not into community building. Places like Wilkes, Darlington and Rockingham needed the income provided by race weekends and on top of that these three venues put on great races and were or are drivers tracks.The demographics of these area's do not fit the model of the Big Pocket Boyz.I started thinking about it awhile ago and it is complicated and we know that things are going to change over time but to take away backbone tracks or races is hard to swallow. Somehow I think that cities Dallas-Fortworth, Las Vegas and Fontanna among others would be ok whether they have a race track or not.
Paul Zappardino
@paul-zappardino
14 years ago
40 posts
Like Jimsaid, makes too much sense and "ASSCAR" has no common sesne or cannot comprehend sense, OH CRAP look out I am going to get fined for saying things detremental to the sport!!!! BUT they can destroy it, they will get theirs!
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
The Southern 500 at Darlington on Labor Day weekend was a racing tradition..................this generation of NASCAR obviously doesn't know anything about or recognize the importance of racing traditions. The more traditions they kill, the more diehard core race fans they will lose. If NASCAR is wondering why they have empty seats at tracks & why they seem to be losing fans, it seems to me that a little common sense thinking might provide a few answers for them.
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
Without Wilkes, Darlinton and the Rock they would not have an empire ! Richard Guido said:
It is obvious that Brutus and Fryin Brian are not into community building. Places like Wilkes, Darlington and Rockingham needed the income provided by race weekends and on top of that these three venues put on great races and were or are drivers tracks.

The demographics of these area's do not fit the model of the Big Pocket Boyz.

I started thinking about it awhile ago and it is complicated and we know that things are going to change over time but to take away backbone tracks or races is hard to swallow. Somehow I think that cities Dallas-Fortworth, Las Vegas and Fontanna among others would be ok whether they have a race track or not.
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
Great comments by everyone!! Nascrap is scrambling to figure out why ratings and crowds are down. It's a lot of things, the economy being a small part of it. Getting back to traditional tracks and thinking about fans instead of drivers, teams and big money sponsors will help. Fans pay the bills yet we're thought of last. I think it would be a great idea to have a drivers motorhome demo derby using their own motorhomes would be a great way to attract a crowd. WE NEED HUMPY and less 500 employee "Super Teams".
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
AMEN to that..................can't add much to it, except that NASCAR needs to wake up & have someone in that organization recognize the importance of fan support, start using some common sense, and make some fiscally responsible decisions...................instead of making decisions based solely on short-term income potential. They need to honestly consider the longer-term health of the sport - almost sounds like an opinion of the current governmental situation.