Now you know why Racers Reunion Will survive if you watched sundays parade in Homestead

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Brian got up and made his speech about the future on Speed Channel then you watched the parade around Homestead for 400 miles and we all said it aint gonna happen and by George it didnt. Fed Ex didnt deliver on time and the Shell Oil can just didnt have enough stuff to deliver sooooooo--- you get too hear Chad strut his stuff and crow like a chicken. Oh yeah the baby boy that took all year to grow a somewhat beard gets to set at the table again up front and tell all his sponsors how he did it. Unless you have a different point of view? Well do you??????
updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
But wait ----I understand now that Volkswagen wants in on the show next year wow new faces from different places-----------------------------------!!!
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
14 years ago
488 posts
I for one wish Kevin would have won but now that Jimmie Johnson won it just goes to show how the "Chase" points is a 10 race shoot out, forget the what happened prior to New Hampshire in September, those last 10 races make ya or break ya and Chad Knaus has figured out that if you bet all your chips on the last ten you have the best chance of winning. Jimmie Johnson is #1 again, like or not, he's $5 million dollars richer and all we can do is cheer or complain but Johnson and Knaus are crapping in tall cotton.
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts

I absolutely agree, ......as you & I have done many times - I guess great minds think alike LOL.
I don't even want to get started again about my opinions, impressions, and thoughts about the joke they're calling NASCAR racing & "championships" these days. I can only say that I suspect that both Bill France, Sr. and Bill France. Jr. are turning over in their graves about the state of NASCAR racing today. I cannot believe either of them would have allowed some of the idiotic decisions which have been made in recent years. RIP NASCAR.

Pkl said:

No dissent here. I watched only segments of the race, and every time I managed to find the race instead of an ad, it seemed that Denny had more problems. Snake bit is what they call that around here. In the end, it was another replay, and I've seen that movie too many times already, so I went back to watching my Falcons.

As to the canned speech that the "Chairman and Chief Officer" gave, I had to turn it off. It also was a repeat, and we've all read it on the Internet from about three days ago. Besides, it's gotten to the point that the very sight of that puffy-faced wimp makes me physically ill. Dang, Big Bill must be so proud...not!

Congratulations to Carl for winning the final fiasco of 2010. Isn't it strange how no one ever finds time to care about who wins that last race? They only seem to care about who won the big bucks in a phony point system that means next to nothing to the fans. I haven't checked, but I'm quite sure that no matter what they engrave on that awful thing they call a "cup", that Kevin Harvick is the true winner this year.

I saw the conversation about Volkswagen coming in, but it didn't seem worth talking about. They (NASCAR) will do whatever they care to do, and the fans count for nothing, so I no longer offer my opinions to them.

This was a wasted season, in my humble opinion. "Another" wasted season.

I miss Dale... SO much!
Richard Guido
@richard-guido
14 years ago
238 posts
Nobody likes it incuding myself but those guys know what's up. Indeed the series has been watered down with the Chase.
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
The best thing I saw this weekend was Joey Lagano trying to drink Coke with the cap on the bottle. I laughed for the rest of the weekend.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts

ah so you were paying somewhat of attention to the parade this weekend----only race I saw was the truck race --now that was worth watching--------------------
Pete Banchoff said:
The best thing I saw this weekend was Joey Lagano trying to drink Coke with the cap on the bottle. I laughed for the rest of the weekend.
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
JOHNNY, THE OLD NASCAR IS DEAD. I HAVEN'T FOUND A SINGLE PERSON THAT WAS GLAD TO SEE JIMMY JOHNSON AND THE BIG MONEY TEAM WIN OR BUY?... THE 5TH CHAMPIONSHIP. JIMMY RAN WELL, BUT DID NOT "RACE" MUCH IN THE RACES LEADING UP TO THE "BIG 10 FOR THE 12"..........EVEN AFTER THE BIG 12 GOT TO RUNNING IN THE LAST 10 RACES JOHNSON DID NOT RACE LIKE DRIVERS OF OLD DID. AN EXAMPLE IS TALLADEGA...IF I HAD (WHICH I'LL NEVER DO AGAIN) PAID A HUGH PRICE TO SEE THE RACE AT TALLADEGA....I'D HAVE GOTTEN UP AND LEFT. JOHNSON AND THE SO CALLED BIG GUYS RUNNING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP..........WHAT DO THEY DO?...THEY DROP TO THE REAR OF THE FIELD AND JUST DRIVE...NOT RACE....JUST DRIVE AROUND AND AROUND...WHY SHOULD I, AS A FAN, EVEN WATCH SUCH JUNK ON TV MUCH LESS PAY TO SEE IT. JOHNSON MAY BE CALLED A CHAMPION, BUT HE DOSENT HOLD A CANDLE TO PAST CHAMPIONS LIKE HERB THOMAS, LEE PETTY, REX WHITE, JOE WEATHERLY, RICHARD PETTY, DAVID PEARSON, TIM FLOCK, DALE EARNHARDT...THESE GUYS RACED EVERY LAP OF EVERY RACE THEY RAN....NO MATTER WHERE I SAW THEM RUN, I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH........MY, HOW I DO MISS NASCAR OF THE PAST AND THE DRIVRS THAT RAN FOR THE LOVE OF IT....AND DIDN'T JUST WIN BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT THEIR WAY TO THE TOP AND THEN JUST DRIVE ROUND AND ROUND...THIS ISN'T RACING...AND WHEN NASCAR WAKES UP AND REALIZES THIS ISN'T RACING AND RETURNS TO YESTERYEAR THE STANDS WILL AGAIN BEGIN TO FILL UP BECAUSE THEN THE FANS WILL BE SEEING RACING AND NOT JUST A BUNCH OF LITTLE RICH KIDS PLAYING THE POINTS GAME...I TURNED THE RACE OFF SUNDAY AFTER BEING A FAN FROM THE EARLY 50'S.....I DO NOT PLAN TO EVEN TURN IT BACK ON NEXT YEAR....I'VE HAD MY FILL LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE....WE, THE PEOPLE THAT BUY THE TICKETS AND PRODUCTS ARE FED UP OF BEING RIPPED OFF WITH THE HIGH PRICES WE HAVE TO PAY TO SEE RICH KIDS PUT ON AN ACT.......NOT A RACE....NASCAR, I LOVE YOU, BUT NOT WHAT YOU ARE SELLING TO THE PUBLIC..........AND UP TILL LAST SUNDAY I KEPT BUYING , HOPING THINGS WOULD CHANGE...........I'M BROKE AND TIRED...I THINK I'LL RETURN TO MY LOCAL TRACKS WHERE I GREW UP....AT LEAST AFTER 60 YEARS, THEY STILL RACE JUST LIKE THEY DID WHEN I WAS A KID....SEE YA FRIEND...IT'S BEEN A GOOD RIDE UP UNTIL NOW...RANDYPS...TO BE A CHAMPION IN NASCAR NO LONGER HAS THE SAME MEANING THAT IT USED TO HAVE....THE SHINE HAS FINALLY GONE.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
Many good points raised here ladies and gentlemen. I deeply regret that I missed the Logano Coke fiasco because I would have loved to have seen that New England drop out talk his way out of that one but I am assuming he acted as if nothing happened.We all continue to raise the issue, and there are now more than 7,500 of us, about where racing has gone but no one listens but us. We listen to each other but NASCAR does not listen to us because they are still under the impression that they are a resounding success. I had my NASCAR e-mail within an hour of the end of the race touting all the JJ #48 merchandise I could but for "only $99.00" which consisterd of a die cast, a cap and a t-shirt. It didn't mention free shipping but it didn't matter anyway, I'm not ordering.Brian has promised many changes for next year which, he says, will be announced in December. He claims the changes are "for the fans". Collectively we can all hold our breath until we see what these changes are. I would venture to say not a one of us will be impressed.Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Devin
@devin
14 years ago
618 posts
Hey Legend, I got my email within 30 minutes and it promptly went in the delete file!

Long live "our" King! I'd rather spend my extra money at the Rock, for a local upcoming musuem, RR, or for a friend in need. That's all I have to say about that.....

Tim Leeming said:
Many good points raised here ladies and gentlemen. I deeply regret that I missed the Logano Coke fiasco because I would have loved to have seen that New England drop out talk his way out of that one but I am assuming he acted as if nothing happened.
We all continue to raise the issue, and there are now more than 7,500 of us, about where racing has gone but no one listens but us. We listen to each other but NASCAR does not listen to us because they are still under the impression that they are a resounding success. I had my NASCAR e-mail within an hour of the end of the race touting all the JJ #48 merchandise I could but for "only $99.00" which consisterd of a die cast, a cap and a t-shirt. It didn't mention free shipping but it didn't matter anyway, I'm not ordering.
Brian has promised many changes for next year which, he says, will be announced in December. He claims the changes are "for the fans". Collectively we can all hold our breath until we see what these changes are. I would venture to say not a one of us will be impressed.
Tim
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
Well stated............and I can see the feelings coming out. I suspect there are many, many of us who could have written this message.

RANDY GILBERT said:
JOHNNY, THE OLD NASCAR IS DEAD. I HAVEN'T FOUND A SINGLE PERSON THAT WAS GLAD TO SEE JIMMY JOHNSON AND THE BIG MONEY TEAM WIN OR BUY?... THE 5TH CHAMPIONSHIP. JIMMY RAN WELL, BUT DID NOT "RACE" MUCH IN THE RACES LEADING UP TO THE "BIG 10 FOR THE 12"..........EVEN AFTER THE BIG 12 GOT TO RUNNING IN THE LAST 10 RACES JOHNSON DID NOT RACE LIKE DRIVERS OF OLD DID. AN EXAMPLE IS TALLADEGA...IF I HAD (WHICH I'LL NEVER DO AGAIN) PAID A HUGH PRICE TO SEE THE RACE AT TALLADEGA....I'D HAVE GOTTEN UP AND LEFT. JOHNSON AND THE SO CALLED BIG GUYS RUNNING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP..........WHAT DO THEY DO?...THEY DROP TO THE REAR OF THE FIELD AND JUST DRIVE...NOT RACE....JUST DRIVE AROUND AND AROUND...WHY SHOULD I, AS A FAN, EVEN WATCH SUCH JUNK ON TV MUCH LESS PAY TO SEE IT. JOHNSON MAY BE CALLED A CHAMPION, BUT HE DOSENT HOLD A CANDLE TO PAST CHAMPIONS LIKE HERB THOMAS, LEE PETTY, REX WHITE, JOE WEATHERLY, RICHARD PETTY, DAVID PEARSON, TIM FLOCK, DALE EARNHARDT...THESE GUYS RACED EVERY LAP OF EVERY RACE THEY RAN....NO MATTER WHERE I SAW THEM RUN, I GOT MY MONEY'S WORTH........MY, HOW I DO MISS NASCAR OF THE PAST AND THE DRIVRS THAT RAN FOR THE LOVE OF IT....AND DIDN'T JUST WIN BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT THEIR WAY TO THE TOP AND THEN JUST DRIVE ROUND AND ROUND...THIS ISN'T RACING...AND WHEN NASCAR WAKES UP AND REALIZES THIS ISN'T RACING AND RETURNS TO YESTERYEAR THE STANDS WILL AGAIN BEGIN TO FILL UP BECAUSE THEN THE FANS WILL BE SEEING RACING AND NOT JUST A BUNCH OF LITTLE RICH KIDS PLAYING THE POINTS GAME...I TURNED THE RACE OFF SUNDAY AFTER BEING A FAN FROM THE EARLY 50'S.....I DO NOT PLAN TO EVEN TURN IT BACK ON NEXT YEAR....I'VE HAD MY FILL LIKE A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE....WE, THE PEOPLE THAT BUY THE TICKETS AND PRODUCTS ARE FED UP OF BEING RIPPED OFF WITH THE HIGH PRICES WE HAVE TO PAY TO SEE RICH KIDS PUT ON AN ACT.......NOT A RACE....NASCAR, I LOVE YOU, BUT NOT WHAT YOU ARE SELLING TO THE PUBLIC..........AND UP TILL LAST SUNDAY I KEPT BUYING , HOPING THINGS WOULD CHANGE...........I'M BROKE AND TIRED...I THINK I'LL RETURN TO MY LOCAL TRACKS WHERE I GREW UP....AT LEAST AFTER 60 YEARS, THEY STILL RACE JUST LIKE THEY DID WHEN I WAS A KID....SEE YA FRIEND...IT'S BEEN A GOOD RIDE UP UNTIL NOW...RANDY

PS...TO BE A CHAMPION IN NASCAR NO LONGER HAS THE SAME MEANING THAT IT USED TO HAVE....THE SHINE HAS FINALLY GONE.
Glenda Roberts
@glenda-roberts
14 years ago
1 posts
Hit that nail right on the head.
Robert Staley
@robert-staley
14 years ago
86 posts
i'm tired of hearing people say they're gonna quit watching NASCAR because mr. vanilla won again. personally i wanna be watching when somebody does knock him off the throne. who do you think's gonna be part of racers reunion thirty years from now if we if we keep putting NASCAR down.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts

probably the people who love old school racing-- you see we arent trying to steer the future only preserve the past. and recognize the greats of old times--- make sense???
Robert Staley said:
i'm tired of hearing people say they're gonna quit watching NASCAR because mr. vanilla won again. personally i wanna be watching when somebody does knock him off the throne. who do you think's gonna be part of racers reunion thirty years from now if we if we keep putting NASCAR down.
Jerry Williams2
@jerry-williams2
14 years ago
17 posts
All of us old f--ts should know when and where to give credit for talent ( driving or mechanical ) and like them or not JJ is an outstanding wheel man and Chad C. is hard to out smart. There are 43 other drivers and crew chiefs that would love to win every race and are doing their best with what they have to do so. We can't blame the current status of Nascar on them. We can blame the sad state of racing on the love of money the France family has lived by over the years, Brian F. being the dumbest and the worst but not the only one. They have allowed or maybe forced the Sponsers to controll the sport and the emotions that go with it. Jimmie J. will go down in history as a great driver, trouble is we will never know who he really is ( the Sponsers nor Nascar will allow him to show us that ) and that is our loss.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
Jerry Willliams has made an excellent point! Bravo, Jerry.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
I absolutely agree that it isn't the drivers, crew chiefs, and race teams (they are products of the environment) who have created the current state of NASCAR racing............it is the ruling body of NASCAR, both past and present, who have made it what it is. I compare it to the U.S. Congress whose members I believe are responsible for many of the serious problems which the country is dealing with today. The groundwork for the current environment in NASCAR, just as our country's problems. was laid many years ago. The positives are that many fans are speaking up now (through sites such as Racers Reunion & others) and identifying the problem areas. Hopefully, NASCAR will pay attention and begin to take the necessary actions to correct the missteps. As disgusted as I am with the current state of affairs, I'm sure I will continue to watch & follow NASCAR racing in the hopes that I can witness some positive changes in the sport. We all love the sport of stock car racing (otherwise, we wouldn't be on this site), but if we abandon the highest rung of the sport, we could be killing off the proverbial goose. I am absolutely opposed to simply continuing to stuff more money into the pockets of the France family, but I sincerely hope that there is someone in that circle of influence who will exercise some fiscal responsibility regarding the future health of the sport.
Robert Staley
@robert-staley
14 years ago
86 posts
well put. you have made the point that i was trying to make only you did a much better job. the folks who are on here thirty years from now ( when a lot of us current members are gone ) will have to have had some sort of positive influence from the current racing to have good memories and drive them to a site where they can share their memories. i certainly would like to see some things change, but i'm not gonna suggest that anyone give up on NASCAR's premier series.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
Personal Note to Robert Staley: Most of us on here are right with you in what you say. Go to the archives of the Tuesday night show, Racing Through History, and listen to the Legendtorial regarding our love for NASCAR. It explains, or tries to, that we love what NASCAR did, and can do again, but we regret that NASCAR gave up listening to the fans but, instead, listens to the big buck corporations with the fickle minds that support them one month and the next find the involvment in the sport too expensive, too redneck, too out of the mainstream, and a thousand other reasons. I have personally been a NASCAR fan for 58 of my 64 years. I fully realize that we can't go back to the 50s, but we surely do not need to continue down this road of becoming an Indy version of motorsports with a roof on the car. Even all Indy cars to not look exactly alike, there is some distinction. All most of us want here is for real cars to be driven by real drivers. Many drivers today are very good and some will achieve greatness. Then there are others who will learn, perhaps in a season or two, to remove the cap from the Coke bottle before trying to earn their bonus money for drinking the product on camera.Tim

--

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
If you think this is bad, I suggest you visit some of the forums on NASCAR.com. Those people are brutal! The folks here, for the most part, are passionate about a sport they helped build to its pinnacle of success and feel as though they were forgotten as a product of said "success". The folks on those NASCAR boards are the "new age" fans...here today and gone tomorrow. Most of them are clueless about the history. I believe with all my soul these memories are valuable and am proud to be part of a group that has as its mission to preserve them. I don't think anyone wants to see it (NASCAR) fail. And I don't think anyone who is a true fan of our history cannot be aggravated by the path of the sport.

Robert Staley said:

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
JEFF, THANKS FOR THE WORDS YOU JUST USED. WHEN I WROTE MY LETTER, I FELT AS IF I HAD JUST BROKEN UP WITH MY WIFE OF 40+ YEARS. I WAS REALLY BROKEN HEARTED AND WHAT I WROTE WAS FROM DEEP WITHIN. I REALIZE THE DRIVERS AND CARS OF OLD ARE NO LONGER AROUND, BUT TO SEE THE SPORT BECOME TOO PRETTY , AND TOO CONTROLLED HURTS... I WATCHED INDY GROW FROM THE ROADSTERS INTO THE REAR ENGINE CARS AND DIDN'T LIKE THE CHANGE, BUT IT WAS STILL INDY RACING WITH NEW CARS AND NEW DRIVERS........THEN I WATCHED INDY TURN TO MONEY AND CART TOOK CONTROL OF THE OLD INDY RACING I LOVED SO MUCH. WITH ALL THE MONEY, RULES AND CONTROL CART JUST ABOUT RAN INDY CAR RACING AWAY. INDY RACING TOOK IT ON THE CHIN, AND HAVE NEVER RECOVERED FULLY FROM THE CART DAYS, AND I WONDER IF THEY EVER WILL. WHAT TUGS ON MY HEART IS WATCHING THE SPORT I GREW UP WITH, AND LOVED AS MUCH AS A FAMILY MEMBER, (NASCAR) START TO FOLLOW THE WAYS OF CART. MONEY,TOO MANY RULES AND FORGETING THE LITTLE OLD MAN THAT SAVED HIS "DEBBIE CAKE" MONEY FOR MONTHS TO BE ABLE TO GO SEE THE NASCAR BOYS RUN............AND NOT GET TO SEE WHAT I SAW WHEN THE DRIVERS WERE POOR AND A GOOD MEAL AT A TRACK WAS A CAN OF PORK N BEANS AND A PACK OF CRACKERS AND A COKE. I JUST WANT MY GRANDSON TO BE ABLE TO SEE AND HAVE THE MEMORIES OF GOOD OLE RACING JUST LIKE THE CHANCE I HAD GROWING UP. I DIDN'T MEAN FOR IT TO SOUND LIKE A NASCAR "HATE" LETTER........IT'S NOT.......IT'S MORE LIKE A DUMPED BOY FRIEND WRITING A LETTER TO HIS OLD FLAME TRYING TO GET HER BACK BY LETTING HER KNOW WHY HE LEFT AND HOW HIS FEELING WERE...........I JUST WANT US TO NEVER FORGET THE ROOTS....I'M PART OF THE ROOTS.........AND IT'S HARD TO SAY GOOD-BYE TO SOMEONE YOU DEARLY LOVE.....RANDY
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts

Dang Randy I got to come get you and take you over to see three ole girls i know-- one is kinda sexy in the way she still handles her curves--they still send cold chills up my spine ---another one of them will take you in her inner most being and you will forever remember her--and the other one, well she is a thing of beauty. --I went and saw her three times this year already and she is totally beautiful, --I got a new photo of her if you want to see her. Take your pick sir because which ever you choose you wont go wrong. I got Jeff to bring Tim over to meet me and I took him over and introduced them and Tim was in another world after that . Being as you live in NC it would be a little ride to meet them--you see one of them is Darlington Speedway--one is Columbia Speedway and my favorite is Middle Ga Raceway in Byron Ga -- you choose and I bet you will be surprised as to how they will take you in -----------------------------------------memories
RANDY GILBERT said:
JEFF, THANKS FOR WORDS YOU JUST USED. WHEN I WROTE MY LETTER, I FELT AS IF I HAD JUST BROKEN UP WITH MY WIFE OF 40+ YEARS. I WAS REALLY BROKEN HEARTED AND WHAT I WROTE WAS FROM DEEP WITHIN. I REALIZE THE DRIVERS AND CARS OF OLD ARE NO LONGER AROUND, BUT TO SEE THE SPORT BECOME TOO PRETTY , AND TOO CONTROLLED HURTS... I WATCHED INDY GROW FROM THE ROADSTERS INTO THE REAR ENGINE CARS AND DIDN'T LIKE THE CHANGE, BUT IT WAS STILL INDY RACING WITH NEW CARS AND NEW DRIVERS........THEN I WATCHED INDY TURN TO MONEY AND CART TOOK CONTROL OF THE OLD INDY RACING I LOVED SO MUCH. WITH ALL THE MONEY, RULES AND CONTROL CART JUST ABOUT RAN INDY CAR RACING AWAY. INDY RACING TOOK IT ON THE CHIN, AND HAVE NEVER RECOVERED FULLY FROM THE CART DAYS, AND I WONDER IF THEY EVER WILL. WHAT TUGS ON MY HEART IS WATCHING THE SPORT I GREW UP WITH, AND LOVED AS MUCH AS A FAMILY MEMBER, (NASCAR) START TO FOLLOW THE WAYS OF CART. MONEY,TOO MANY RULES AND FORGETING THE LITTLE OLD MAN THAT SAVED HIS "DEBBIE CAKE" MONEY FOR MONTHS TO BE ABLE TO GO SEE THE NASCAR BOYS RUN............AND NOT GET TO SEE WHAT I SAW WHEN THE DRIVERS WERE POOR AND A GOOD MEAL AT A TRACK WAS A CAN OF PORK N BEANS AND A PACK OF CRACKERS AND A COKE. I JUST WANT MY GRANDSON TO BE ABLE TO SEE AND HAVE THE MEMORIES OF GOOD OLE RACING JUST LIKE THE CHANCE I HAD GROWING UP. I DIDN'T MEAN FOR IT TO SOUND LIKE A NASCAR HATE LETTER........IT'S NOT.......IT'S MORE LIKE A DUMPED BOY FRIEND WRITING A LETTER TO HIS OLD FLAME TRYING TO GET HER BACK BY LETTING HER KNOW WHY HE LEFT AND HOW HIS FEELING WERE...........I JUST WANT US TO NEVER FORGET THE ROOTS....I'M PART OF THE ROOTS.........AND IT'S HARD TO SAY GOOD-BYE TO SOMEONE YOU DEARLY LOVE.....RANDY
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
JOHNNY, I'M SORRY TO BREAK THE NEWS TO YOU, BUT THE OLD GAL IN COLUMBIA HAS ALREADY GONE OUT WITH ME...........WHEN I THOUGHT SHE'D DIED I WAS VERY DEPRESSED. THANKS TO MY HERO'S IN COLUMBIA SHE'S AT LEAST BREATHING AGAIN AND REGAINING HER BEAUTY. A LOT OF DRIVERS FROM MY AREA RAN THERE, SO I HAD TO SNEAK DOWN THAT WAY TO KEEP UP WITH THEM ONCE IN A WHILE....PEOPLE LIKE "SINGING" SAM, BILLY SCOTT, NED SETZER, TO NAME A FEW.........THEY'D RUN THERE ON THURSDAYS AND RUN AT HOME ON FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY....NOT EVERY WEEKEND BUT JUST ENOUGH TO KEEP MY HABIT FED. I REALLY THINK I'M A RACEAHOLIC.........I'VE GOT TO CONTINUE GETTING MY FIX OF THE OLD RACING STUFF. I SURE UNDERSTAND WHAT CHA SAYIN' BOUT OLE SWEET "COLUMBIA"..........SHE'S A SWEET ONE.............SEE YA, KEEP THE MEMORIES COMING THIS WAY.......I LOVE THEM, RANDYPS..............YOUR GAL DARLINGTON AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TOGETHER, ON AND OFF, SINCE MY FIRST TIME OUT WITH HER IN THE SPRING OF 1969......NOW BECAUSE MY MOM IS SO SPECIAL TO ME AND I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH LONGER I'LL HAVE HER.....(I STAY HOME WITH HER ON MOTHER'S DAY) BUT I NEVER FAIL TO GO SEE MY OLD GAL IN SEPTEMBER WHEN THEY HAVE A LOT OF HER OLD CARS RETURNING FOR ANOTHER TRIP AROUND HER....I DO HOPE THEY KEEP THE "OLDIES" SHOW GOING......I FEEL LIKE I'M WALKING ON HOLY LAND WHEN I SEPT INTO HER INFIELD....IT MAY BE 95% BUT EVERYTIME I GET CHILLS..........SHE IS SPECIAL.............I'M GETTIN' CHILLS JUST TALKING ABOUT IT...SEE YA