Brad &@#$ Keselowski

Christopher Krul
@christopher-krul
12 years ago
119 posts

Here is a link of Brad K sounding like a sailor in his press conference after the race. Think he will be fined and lose points for this? Sure anything to give the cup to JJ and tighten the points up and stage an interesting conclusion at Homestead. I am disgusted with the lack of professionalism drivers these days display. Downright childish and immature. This is not how to conduct yourself with the press. Sure he spoke his mind but look at what happened to Penske's last employee he let go. Roger must be thinking, ARRGGH NOT AGAIN

updated by @christopher-krul: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
12 years ago
365 posts

Seems no matter what these guys do, someone calls them childish and immature. Last week it was Hamlin and Dillon. I personally have no problem with his vocabulary but agree thatit's not appropriate for national TV. Censoring it does virtually nothing to remedy the problem, we all know what he said.

I agree with the sentiment though. It was a cheap shot by Gordon and IMO the 40 year old champion, was a poorer role model for his actions than Brad and his coarse words. I understand that everyone wants the drivers to "man up", but veering directly into the side of Clint's car was poor sportsmanship and I have no admiration for it. I also don't think that any of Bowyer's crew intended to land a solid punch. That was another display of macho posturing that ultimately accomplished nothing but add some fines to the costs of repairing Clint's car. Had Brad been caught up in it, I would have been sorely disappointed that his best hope for gaining the title were crushed by a bunch of schoolboys.

There are many ways that Gordon could have extracted his revenge on the track. The method he chose was, in your words "downright childish and immature". Tempers flare, people lose control. I understand that. But if it had been Kyle Busch, they would suspend him. I don't feel that the NASCAR's system of fining teams is of any value and they should park Gordon at Homestead. Besides, it will calm down those that say Hendrick is immune from NASCAR control, and shut up at least one conspiracy theorist who'll claim that Gordon was actually trying to take out Keselowski by proxy.

Christopher Krul
@christopher-krul
12 years ago
119 posts

I can agree with Brad to some degree of what he said. However he could have addressed it in a much more mature manor then that. The crap between Clint Bowyer and Jeff Gordon was garbage too and I agree with that. All I am saying.

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
12 years ago
365 posts

Agreed. He hit on some of the same points in his ESPN interview just after the race, and he was able to contain his language then. I think he expected to be able to be more natural in the post-race press conference, knowing that the journalists could censor what wasn't printable. In the clip that you offered, Speed had already had an opportunity to clean things up, unlike the mumbled curse that went out live during the interview with Bowyer's crew chief.

Most folks are tired of the squeaky-clean non-sponsor-offending images that the drivers present. Brad's language was in some ways a good thing. We don't want Stepford Drivers but we don't want them cussing like sailors on live TV either. It's a difficult path to follow. I'm not expecting NASCAR to come down on him.

Tommy Buxton
@tommy-buxton
12 years ago
53 posts

Folks, BK is from Michigan. MY wife's family is from Michigan,so trust me when I say this,folks up there talk like this alot. It is just normal for them.Not saying it is right,it's just what they do. As for the championship, Go BK, Iam a huge Jimmie Johnson fan,I think the work ethic on the 48 team is second to none,but if they are going to finish second then I could think of none better than the 2 team. They have been fantastic all year and if they get this done then it is well deserved. In 2007 I guess Dale Jr saw something that most didn't when he picked BK todrive the88 Navy carfor himin the Busch Seriesand gave him a chance to prove to the world how good BK really is. BK is a blue collar guy from a blue collar family and it is just plain fun to watch him work. Just when you think he has no chance he once again proves you wrong and flat out gets the job done. It must be awesome for his father Bob to watch his son perform like this. There is alot more to this story than just what you see on the track on race day.I am sure Dave can dig us up some good Keselowski family stuff.He may be from up north but he reminds me ofa tough,gritty southern kind ofguy.I am sure alot of folks in Michigan find it alot easier to pull for Blue collar BK than "big money" Jack Roush(he's from Michigan too)being that it is a true blue collar state that has been down for a while now. If they get it done for the "Captain", then that will be ok too. He has been around for quite a while now and deserves to get a little something back for the effort.I am not nearly as concerned about Brad's choice of words asI am about Jeff Gordon's total lack of respect for his fellow competitors and the black flag that was being displayed to him.Let's suppose how his interview would have gone if that was someone besides himself showing a total disregard for the rules.I guess Jeff is starting to feel the pressure of being on downslope of his career.I will be patiently waiting for him to appologize for his total lack of respect and total loss of his senses instead of giving us the sorry excuse of being tired of somebody rubbin' him a little in the heat of the battle. These cars have fenders andto quote another,"he rubbed youand rubbin' son, isracin'".His display yesterdaymade me think he was trying to bring"Days of Thunder" to real life. Instead of bashing some poor choice of words in an interview I think I will just enjoy the feel good story that is unfolding in front of us.Gooooo Brad!

Max Plummer
@max-plummer
12 years ago
89 posts
I can understand people talk like that,i have been none to use a couple of them words myself. BK IMO just used them at the wrong place and time.If i had heard some of the older guy's years passed used words like that , i would not see as the same as i do now. I can not defend talk like that in public it sounds classless. If we talked like that hear Mr.Jeff would hang our heads out to dry. I see NO excuse for it period !!!
david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
12 years ago
112 posts

i agree some cussing goes with the sport - but these guys are over the top - even ol sue patrick is out there dropping f-bombs trying to be one of the guys -is it the only way they can communicate - the standards seem to get lower and lower - i watched some of the program on hendrick motorsports the other nite - just the difference in personalities is amazing - the old guys schrader and waltrip etc had lots of stories and laughter - they actually had a vocabulary and could talk - johnson,gordon,kahne are three of the most stoic guys ive ever seen - they should check kahne for a pulse - i read former president dwight eisenhowers memoirs one time - in it he said a man is not a man untill he can control his temper - he said as a child he had a terrible temper - he also said his daddy had a woodshed - and he made sure i could control my temper - and i remember this to this day .

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

So right...the standards are getting lower. But, itparallels everything else in this day and time. They are saying things on other prime-time TV shows that would never have worked 20 years ago.

Although I'm guilty of an "occasional"boo-boo, it makes me uncomfortable to hear it on TV. Can't help it.

Tommy is right too. It depends on where you're from as to theperceivedseverity of the language.

As for Brad...he's right! in my opinion. Would love to see him win this. I've become a BK fan just this year. He has a lot of "old school" in him...it is in his blood.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Richard Guido
@richard-guido
12 years ago
238 posts
The current group of hot heads are clueless to their surroindings or what is around them.

Those who take.pennance at the flick of a switch are. not near as tough as Buck Baker, Junior Johnson or Ciurtis Turner nor are they as smart as Richard Petty or Pearson among others.

Not to pick on Jeff Gordon but he really should look at what is around him. His family, Rick Hendrick and 4 championship trophies with dozens of victories.

I remember Richard getting wiped out at the beginning of the July Daytona race in the early 90's. With his interview he said whe got caught in it and ground it down the front stretch, Richard smiled then said, "We will see you next week".

This is not a comparison of then and now but the knowledge of a real champion.
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

I count myself as extremely fortunate to have been in Victory Lane at Richmond in September 1997, when Brad's dad - Bob Keselowski - won the Virginia is for Lovers 200 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race driving for Brad's uncle, Ron Keselowski. Until Brad came along, it was the only NASCAR win for the Keselowski family and an extremely popular one among their fellow competitors. The Keselowski family had earned tremendous respect for their work ethic and how they competed. I'm pulling for Brad to enhance the family legacy!

Wow, look at the size of that crowd 15 years ago for a Thursday night truck race. A great victory lane celebration, ironically for DODGE! The good old Paul Sawyer sealer was on the track that night.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

You are indeed zackly right. Mea culpa. Let me see if I have time left to correct my post above. Thanks. (too late to correct my error)

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

looks better... gracias

--
Jason Ferguson
@jason-ferguson
12 years ago
27 posts

David, I totally agree with you about driver personalities. The drivers I grew up watching--Dale Sr., Elliott, Petty, Rusty Wallace, and others--they were really interesting to listen to; they had personality. Brad K is probably one of the very few Cup drivers left that I could stand to listen to; most of the rest of them sound like some corporate PR person pre-wrote their interview scripts. It's the same way in the Nationwide Series too, though. Except for some, like Jeremy Clements and Mike Wallace--always fun to see them on the Nationwide Series GarageCam

John Douglas
@john-douglas
12 years ago
2 posts

at 6 years old i understood the difference between what brad did at texas with jimmie, and what jeff did at phoenix to clint, joey, and aric. if you try to lump ALL contact of any kind as rubbins racing your not BALANCING(words kez used) your aggression with restraint. the fact of the matter is. whether its on a race track or on the interstate. purposely aiming at and driving into another vehicle at a highrate of speed with the intention of doing physical harm to another person IS attempted vehicular manslaughter. now should jeff be arrested? no. its a sport but you should have the basic common sense to understand the concept and restrain yourself. as for brads swearing. if i got crucified for a REAL rubbins racin scenario and got called a driver with a deathwish id be pretty pissed myself when i watch a 4 time champion 3rd behind RICHARD PETTY AND DAVID PEARSON on the all time wins list pulls THAT, yeah im gonna pop an o-ring or two off my head gasket. and btw 100k aint nothin to a guy like jeff gordon with a 175 million dollar bank account. but id like to know how he explains his actions to his daughter now. sleep well tonite jeffy.

John Douglas
@john-douglas
12 years ago
2 posts

NP! ;) to be honest. i see the relationship between everything. how steroids and hgh overtime have become more "acceptable" we become numb. we all saw alot of drivers die on live tv over the past 20 years. im not in any way saying we have a bloodlust, but there certainly is a higher level in the "confidence" that hey we have a steel wall and a hans device now, im not quite as worried about hurting him as i would have been before 2007 when the cot came out....its actually psychology. and i can understand the raw emotion allowing that thought process to happen....in an irrational immature person. which i dont consider jeff to be if he got to this point. but we are all ACCOUNTABLE for our mistakes period.

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
12 years ago
209 posts

Heck fire....all that happened last week. Let's go on to Homestead and win the Championship BRAD.