Brad Daugherty's Comment About Brad Kesolowski's Championship

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

I try to refrain from making negative posts. I say that because this may seem like one, but I didn't get to see the race. I got home late and heard some of the post-race coverage.

One of the first things I heard was from Brad Daugherty when he said, " I can't wait until next year to see if Brad Kesolowski is for real".

C'mon, Brad! Where have you been all year? Do you really think that nowadays one can "back" into one of these? I suppose you think if he doesn't win 5 in a row, he's not for real. Does this mean that you think all those who didn't repeat are not for real?

I just can't believe someone in his (Daugherty's) position would say something so stupid.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
12 years ago
112 posts

just consider the source - watching those guys is a total waste of time - totally meaningless !!!!

Tommy Buxton
@tommy-buxton
12 years ago
53 posts

If he wants to know if BK is for real,all he has to do is ask the 48 team. I am sure Carl Edwards and even Kurt Busch could comment on that as well.Brad out-performed Kurt in the same car and just look how BK has grown since Carl educated him at Atlanta. BK is his own man and he is for real. He comes from good racing family stock and has made the most of his opportunity. The Blue Duece team has been amazing all year.Not too many thought they had a chance this year. Congrats to the Captain,BK, the whole Miller Light team and Dodge!

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

I suppose guys like Benny and Ned set the bar really high...cause we're certainly lacking in good commentary these days.

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
12 years ago
3,119 posts

Hope this doesn't violate the ROE but I will offer up this piece of information gathered about a year ago. Of all the athletes in college and professional sports, basketball players test the very lowest in grade points and general knowledge. A little above the football players. So, even with his polished appearance, Brad is still one lacking in adequate thought processes.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
12 years ago
360 posts

Honestly, that whole ESPN second panel (except for Evernham) is nothing but background noise that one has to put up with occasionally after a commercial. I just mute the TV when they talk or fast-forward if I'm watching a recording.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

oooooohhhh... borderline violation...lol

--
Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
12 years ago
360 posts

Indeed, it befuddles me that he's still there. One of my favorite drivers of all time but can't stand him in the booth for a second. Yap yap yap yap that Kenthess is flat flyin itelluwut

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
12 years ago
360 posts

Guess not but most other such trivia questions would probably fly right past. :)

Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
12 years ago
209 posts

That comment was only half of the story. He said that maybe he shouldn't have phrased it that way. He did follow it up with the statement that Brad was for real. He knew that you didn't back into a championship. It has to be earned. He just wanted to see what he could do next year as a Cup Champion. The press really has a way of screwing up a story for HEADLINES by not telling all of it.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Didn't see it in the headlines, Tommie. I heard it on the TV live. After which I quickly turned it off. He didn't get a second chance to qualify with me.

But I'm glad to hear he realized his error.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Happy for Brad. Great for the sport. Didn't hear any of the post-race commentary. Heard too much pre-race and during the race commentary. Don't know where they found that little gal Nicole Briscoe, but if I'd heard her say just one more time after someone brought up various racing milestones, "I don't know, I wasn't born yet" - I was gonna ask my visiting daughter to Tweet ESPN and tell them to quit robbing the cradle and put someone in their analysis booth who knows something about racing.

On top of that I had to endure FOX Network's Chris Myers doing our pathetic Carolina Panthers NFL telecast. At least he wasn't paired with DW.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

Guys, At least he went on to correct himself. Lets be careful we don't get defensive and pick on a nice deserving guy. Let me, as a basketball fan tell a few fact's that impress me very much about him as a person.
He entered college as a 16 yr. old and graduated on time in 4 years which is rare for a talented guy who's 7 feet tall. He had several offers to turn pro early but wanted his degree and wanted it on time. After college he has several successful business deals including auto dealerships,a waste management co. and a real estate company. Active in several charities and started the Presbyterian Home For Needy children in Black Mountain, NC. He personally see's to an annual scholarship to a child from that home to the college of their choice.
Lets not forget that he choose the uniform # 43 in pro basketball to honor his idol the King.....
Maybe he's been working with Rusty to long....lol....

Jay Coker
@jay-coker
12 years ago
177 posts

I should also point out Brad poor mouthed the decision to change the top-35 rule next year when it was announced. Considering he was part owner of Ronald Cooper's entry in the Busch Series back in the late 80s-early 90s, I would have thought he'd have a MUCH more educated position on the rule. I hear that Paul Page is out of a job at ESPN- give me him for Nicole Briscoe, and get rid of Brad on the prerace show, and you might have something!

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Carl Edwards shows some promise.

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
12 years ago
3,119 posts

I am very familiar with the entire life story of Brad Daughtery. I know all about how The King befriended him when he was a kid, at North Wilkesboro I think. I don't keep up with basketball, in fact, I have a strong dislike for that sport. The longest two minutes on earth are the last two minutes of a basketball game. I was once waiting for a program to come on at its regularly scheduled time and a basketball game was on ahead of it. When I turned the channel to catch my program, there was 1:59 left in the game on. Over 12 minutes later the final buzzer sounded. As for what I said about the grades of players, etc., that was national research about a year or so ago. Just stating the facts. Brad D. may be a great guy, but he frankly bores me and his voice aggrevates me. That thing this year with the "fork" was getting on my nerves really bad. Quit watching the prerace because of that.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

I am not allowed by the ROE to tell my horror stories involving the "darling man" Paul Page. Suffice it to say that my company wound up paying a hotel bill in Miami that he walked out on. I would turn off the television if I ever saw him on any telecast. "Darling" he is not.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
12 years ago
365 posts

...and FOX must get their on-air talent for free...

They're paying too much.

Jason Ferguson
@jason-ferguson
12 years ago
27 posts

Benny Parsons was one of the best race commentators I've heard in my life. BTW, does anyone here remember those Benny's Grill segments (I think that's what it was called)during ESPN race broadcasts?