who is your favreot driver & why

Paul Bassett
@paul-bassett
16 years ago
7 posts
Mine was Richard Petty till he retired now its Jeff Gordan & ive always liked Dale Earnhardt & now I love the new Hendricks motorsports team!
updated by @paul-bassett: 01/06/17 11:00:55PM
beth barnes
@beth-barnes
16 years ago
1 posts
I love Kasey Kahne. he is what a true racer should be. he loves the sport he knows how lucky and blessed he is to be a nascar sprint cup driver. he's in the sport because he loves to race, the money's just a bonus. when he's not in the cup car he finds somewhere else to race. he owes his own sprint team and loves being hands on and races with them every chance he get. he's a true racer like the legends. so that's why he's my favorite.
Ryan Flaten
@ryan-flaten
16 years ago
1 posts
mine would have to be my dad!!! lol
Goober Dude
@goober-dude
16 years ago
5 posts
David Pearson is the man! And he can still drive. He could kick some of these sissie boys tale today! You can look at him and tell he's race drivin son-of-a-gun. Nowadays everybody's wonderin which one of todays pretty boy drivers is gay! Pearson ain't gay. You can just tell.
Chris4
@chris4
16 years ago
1 posts
Michael Waltrip, after Darrell left i turned to him.
Donna Higgs
@donna-higgs
16 years ago
1 posts
My favorite driver is and always has been Dale Jr. I have watched him since he first started racing. He is a down to earth kind of guy. He reminds me of the drivers that started this sport. He respects the drivers he is on the track with and has a huge respect for the pioneers of this sport.
Holly
@holly
16 years ago
1 posts
I was a fan of Darrell Waltrip and Dale Sr.I had no favorite driver for years after Dale died.My mother-in-law convinced me to pick a young, up and comer.Truex, Edwards, Kahne and Kyle Busch were the ones to choose from.I picked the last one mentioned. (don't shoot)
mrgoodwrench#3
@mrgoodwrench3
16 years ago
1 posts
#3 MR dale earnhardt gone but never forgotten then i was his son's fan but for a short while i couldnt handel the fact he went to hendreckss but i gave in it's the best thing he couldve done i'm back on his boat tell i die junior nation #88
Bob2
@bob2
16 years ago
1 posts
Dale Sr was the man and always will be. Now I have migrated to Dale Jr, but still like several drivers. Mark Martin will always be one of my favorites. I just wish that we could turn back the clock and go back to REAL racing, instead of this stuff they call racing now.
BethNJ
@bethnj
16 years ago
8 posts
Mine was Richard Petty until he retired. Then I liked Davey Allison and lost him. :( Then I liked this kid Jeff Gordon who reminded me of another Richard Petty. I also liked Tim Richmond, David Pearson, Bobby Allison, Neil Bonnet, Harry Gant, Dave Marcis and so many others.Now I am a Dale, Jr fan and was ever since he went into the then called Busch Series. Saw him race his 1st Cup race in Charlotte in 99........will never forget that day! Loved watching Elliot and Hermie Sadler and others come up through the ranks like it used to be in the good ole days!I was a closet Dale Earnhardt fan the last 3 years of his career. I loved it when he won the "Daytona 500" That was a day I cried for him in joy! Had to respect the man for what he did for his community and never let people know how kind he really. After all he was "The Intimidator"... but he wanted to change his image starting in 2001. The rest is history! May all those we have lost R.I.P. Thanks for the memories!
Amanda Cortright
@amanda-cortright
16 years ago
3 posts
It's just so hard to pick! Old school, I would have to say Cale Yarborough and David Pearson. I love to see Cale wrestle the cars in the old races, and I absolutely love his temper! I have a bit of one myself, so I have to admit that "the fight" won me over. You can't help but love David Pearson. The sling shot moves and that win where he wrecked with Petty... Wow! Go Silver Fox!In more recent times my favorite has been Terry Labonte. I just love his smooth style and he seems like a good ol' boy. When he retired I had to pick someone to cheer on at the races I go to. I picked Carl Edwards because he can drive, and I love that he has a temper behind the smiles. I was at the race where he nearly took of Dale Jr's hand and I thought, this guy has some passion in addition to being hot (I'm sorry but he is!).
Edwin Sibley
@edwin-sibley
16 years ago
22 posts
Old school, I really loved the mystique of Fireball Glenn Roberts. The excitement he brought to the track was phenominal. I've only seen two like that since, Dale Sr., and Kyle Petty. Regardless if they run first or last, they are always cars to watch. When we lost Dale Sr, there was such a void of excitement in NASCAR. But now that Kyle is doing his thing, it's all back. Love him or hate him, he cannot be overlooked. Both love and hate add to his notoriety.I can't help but remember Jeff Gordon's comments after Sonoma. He said that he was amazed that Kyle Busch could keep his car on the track, it was so bad, much less be competitive. But with a lousy set up, hyper driving skill, and a pit boss second to none, they figured it out, dialed in, and he drove it to the front when it counted the most. That is greatness.So I say thank Glenn and Dale, RIP. Thank you Kyle, for bringing back the excitement to a sport that uses excitement to fuel it's survival and prosperity.
Jacob Flynn
@jacob-flynn
16 years ago
13 posts
Just Stick with me ok this list is gonna be long.1.The Earnhardt's (SR gone but not forgotten)2.The Petty's(Adam And Lee gone but not forgotten.)3.The Alabama Gang (Davey,Neil, and Clifford gone but not forgotten)4.Jeff Gordon5.Harry Gant6.Dave Marcis7.Jack Ingram8.Tommy Houston9.David Pearson10.Junior Johnson11.Jimmie Johnson12.Cale Yarbourogh13.Ernie Irvan14.Lake Speed15.Mark Martin16.Alan Kulwicki(Gone but not forgotten)17.Rex White18.Ned Jarett19.The Labonte's20.Bill Elliot21.Benny Parsons (Gone but not forgotten)22.The Bodine's23.Ricky Rudd24.The Waltrip's(BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY LETS GO RACIN BOYS!)25.Scott Riggs26.The Pressley's27.Bobby Hamilton(Gone but not forgotten)28.Ken Scharder29.Sterling Marlin30.Joe Weatherly and Glenn "Fireball" Roberts. (Both gone but not forgotten)The reason all these drivers are my favorite the produced some of the greatest racing action.
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
16 years ago
4,073 posts
My was, is, & forever will be The King. My uncle introduced me to racing in 1974. In a gruff, direct, but joking way, he said if I ever wanted him to take me to a race, I'd have to pull for Petty Blue just like he did in the early 60s. So I did and never looked back. Sure nuff, my uncle took me to my first Cup race at Nashville in 1978 and my first Daytona race in 1980. Got the chance to meet Richard at Nashville in 1982 and 1983 & he couldn't have been nicer to me.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
ray lamm
@ray-lamm
16 years ago
214 posts
mine-fireball roberts,curis(pops)turner,little joe weatherley,ray hendrick,tim richmond,fred lorenzen,david pearson,richard petty,cale yarborough,lee roy roy yarbrough,tiny lund,buddy baker,dale earnhardt,but look to all nascar drivers great drivers
joe92959
@joe92959
16 years ago
4 posts
The driver I currently root for is #9 Kasey Kahne, but my favorite driver is still Alan Kulwicki, #7 Hooters, Champion, what can be better than that???....he did it his way, as an owner/racer with one car.he took on the best, at their best, and beat themBTW, Dale Earnhardt #3 was the best driver ever.no one had control of a race car like Dale, and I like Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon as a tied for second
Dennis Garner
@dennis-garner
16 years ago
1 posts
Geoff Bodine was my favorite driver in the Levi Garrett #5, he was the only driver who would'nt back down from Dale Earnhardt. I liked the many duels they had over the years. I'm still a Bodine fan Geoff and Todd.
angie  pastor
@angie-pastor
16 years ago
27 posts
My favorite drivers are Old school: Junior Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Sr, they both made Nascar what it is today. New School: I am Jr nation all the way!!!! No matter where he drives! He is a very skilled driver and he will go a long way!
doug
@doug
16 years ago
1 posts
todd bodine but ill be ruiting for tony s and his new team
J.C. HAYES
@jc-hayes
16 years ago
37 posts
RICHARD PETTY , BILL ELLIOTT, DAVID PEARSON , MARK MARTIN ,BOBBY ALLISON,NEIL BONNETT ,BENNY PARSONS & ALAN KULWICKI &TIM RICHMOND &MICHEAL WALTRIP THESE DRIVERS ALL HAVEONE THING IN THAT MAKE THEM GREAT THER ALL AS NICE ON THE TRACK AS OFF
J.C. HAYES
@jc-hayes
16 years ago
37 posts
NOW THATS THE WAY YOU SHOULD SAY IT
Brandon Ayers
@brandon-ayers
16 years ago
2 posts
This is a hard question I have so many that im not sure if I will ever be able to give just one driver but here go's 1. Tony Stewart (Now) 2. Mark Martin (when i was a kid) 3. Davey/Clifford Alison 4. (Gone but never forgotten) 5. Tim Richmond 6. Pettys 7. Dale and so many others
Sara Coombes
@sara-coombes
16 years ago
1 posts
Dale Jr is my favorite. He seems to be a real genuine guy. I like that he takes responsibility for wrecks that he causes and that he hardly complains about anything..
carolyn  holcomb
@carolyn-holcomb
16 years ago
1 posts
MY FAVORITE DRIVER IS JEFF GORDON. IN THE PAST BEFORE HE STARTED IT WAS RICHARD PETTY
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
16 years ago
1,783 posts
That's the same way I answer that question. Hard to pick just one.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Jesse D. Sims
@jesse-d-sims
16 years ago
4 posts
When Iwas a kid, it was Petty and Pearson. Then came Davey Allison. I loved watching him race. He got me excited about NASCAR again. I'll always be a fan of Robert Yates. My favorite now is Kyle Busch. I'll pause now for the moans and groans. This kid can drive anything. 18 wins in three different series. He's my pick for the championship. GO ROWDY!!!
dale
@dale
16 years ago
1 posts
my favorite driver was harry gant.he was a real go getter,and a gentleman.now that he`s retired i like jimmy johnson
denise2
@denise2
16 years ago
1 posts
My favorite ,well its a family thing. I would be the black sheep of the family if i didnt say DENNY HAMLIN because he is my cousin.
Todd  Charbonneau
@todd-charbonneau
16 years ago
4 posts
hay Paul wanted to reply to your discusion.I do like the whole hendrick thing I'm a hard core chevy man but I think with jimmy and jeff going back and forth I think earnhardt jr should think about doing a toney staurt thing and buy into a chevy race team or start his own.Maybe earnhardt&gordon should get a team started.what do ya think?
Jerry Hower
@jerry-hower
16 years ago
1 posts
David Pearson was my favorite. He wasn't just fast, he was also smooth. He was also thinking at all times for the slightest edge thus picking up the name of the Silver Fox. He was the one driver who wasn't afraid to race with Richard Petty. When he showed up in the Woods Brothers' 21 you knew everybody else was racing for second place if he didn't have car trouble. Jerry.
Bud Maxwell
@bud-maxwell
16 years ago
1 posts
I know I'm dating myself but a lot of you never got to see the ultimate stock car driver on the track. Watching Curtis Turner master a race car was an unforgetable experience.
richard saunders
@richard-saunders
16 years ago
1 posts
Jerry: Just saw your picture on the cart: Interestingly I just purchased 11 yamaha golf carts that I will modify rehab and resale. I got a great deal 250 each. Should sell for 2500 plus after refurbished. Richard
David Briggs
@david-briggs
16 years ago
3 posts
I've been an Earnhardt fan since the 1950's. I watched Ralph run at Hickory Motor Speedway as a teenager, was a big fan of Dale Sr. (RIP) and now I'm a Dale Jr. fan.
Robbie Carmichael
@robbie-carmichael
16 years ago
2 posts
Mine is Ray Hendrick. 20 time winner at Martinsville Speedway in Mods. and Late Model Sportsmans. He could win anywhere against anybody.
Robbie Carmichael
@robbie-carmichael
16 years ago
2 posts
Pic
tom white
@tom-white
16 years ago
2 posts
the late dale earnhart and the king richard,now i pull for dale jr.
John Hagans
@john-hagans
16 years ago
6 posts
David Reutimann He runs as hard as he can, without taking out anyone. I've known David and his family for seveal years, running at the same track at times, and I've never known him to try to take some one out just to win. Infact no one in his family drives that way. I believe if your good enough to win you can win fairly, any one can win if the compition has been knocked out. He is definitly a true racer.
Craig Bontrager
@craig-bontrager
16 years ago
2 posts
DAVE MARCIS!!!!!! One of the best with the least bar none.
John Matthews
@john-matthews
16 years ago
1 posts
I have 2 favorites in the cup series. Dale jr., Denny Hamlin. Neither of these drivers can beat some of the greats.
Craig Bontrager
@craig-bontrager
16 years ago
2 posts
thats true about Dale Sr., but you also have to realize that when Richard Petty was winning all his races they used to run sometimes up to 60 to 70 races a year not just 30 to 36 like they did in Dales time . I am by no means a fan of Srs but he was good
David Elrod
@david-elrod
15 years ago
12 posts
On the short tracks it is Freddy Smith. In his prime he was one of the best.Smooth as silk. In Nascar it would be Mark Martin. I like his work ethic and the way he drives.
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
15 years ago
626 posts
Mine was Fred Lorenzen Bobby Allison Davey Allison Gene Felton IMSA Driver
carl nash
@carl-nash
15 years ago
2 posts
TONY STEWART. FOR ALL THE OBVIOUS REASONS,HES A RACER.INTENSE.DETERMINED.FOCUSED.
Bernie Biernacki
@bernie-biernacki
13 years ago
3 posts

Bernie Biernacki said:
Fred Lorenzen. If I hadn't seen a 1-inch story in a Chicago paper about him in 1961, I wouldn't have become an auto racing fan.Now I visit him periodically in a nursing home up here in Illinois My other fav drivers are Parnelli, David Pearson, Darel Dieringer, Fireball, Nelson Stacy, Larry Frank, Jack Bowsher, Bay Darnell (Erik's grandpa), Ken Miles, Lloyd Ruby, a yung'in Carl Edwards and a driver from up here Ray Young..
Bumpertag
@bumpertag
13 years ago
363 posts
I'm a King Richard fan! When he retired I had a hard time picking another favorite... I couldn't get that same feeling in my gut when I followed other drivers. I finally settled on Bobby labonte, a class act. Now I'm waffleing again, I'm a GM man, I hate Fords and Toyotas, don't care for the drivers and teams in the Dodge camp. Don't want to pull for the Hendricks teams but may have to, but it won't be the #88.