Our Ambassador Jimmy Johnson had a serious accident today

Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
10 years ago
123 posts

Hello all,

I am a member of Racers Reunion and neighbor and friend of Jimmy's.

I just he wanted to let everyone know that Jimmy slipped on ice this morning while getting ready to depart for his Fredericksburg, Va shows.

As he fell he caught his hand on the license plate of his truck cutting his hand severely.

He was taken to the Emergency Room where he underwent emergency surgery to repair the gash and vein in his hand. Everything went extremely well and he has been discharged and was able to return home today.

Any members close to the Fredericksburg, Va area this weekendare invited to the shows and to wish Jimmy well. As those of you who know Jimmy well and know how stubborn he is will understand that he said "the show must go on" lol. Despite the pain he is in. Any extra help this weekend to anyone living close would be welcomed.

Take care everyone and have a great rest of the week.

updated by @jimmy-johnson: 08/16/18 08:11:55PM
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
10 years ago
835 posts

Sorry about your accident Jimmy but glad to hear you are home. Please be careful this weekend.

Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
10 years ago
365 posts

Sorry to hear that. Ice doesn't get any slipperier as we get older, but our reaction time gets worse. The fall alone could have laid him up for a couple of months. To cut his hand is almost as bad. I hope that he didn't catch any muscles or tendons. I don't respond to Jimmy very often but I appreciate what he does for us.

JAck Redd
@jack-redd
10 years ago
111 posts

You are a tough man JA JJ. Tell Wally Bell and the Stambaugh's, I said hello.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

JJ... hope you quickly heal and feel better.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Very sorry to hear about your accident today, Jimmy.

Thinking of you and hoping your hand heals quickly.

Take good care!

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

OMG! Get well soon, Jimmy!

Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
10 years ago
169 posts

Get well soon Jimmy

Get well soon my friend!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Jimmy, I hope you heal quickly. I know from experience, those license plate cuts can really be severe. Take care of yourself and rest up a bit.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

Jimmy, please heal fast and get well. its hard to drive one handed even for an expert like you. good thoughts going your way.

Billy & Barbara Scott
@billy-barbara-scott
10 years ago
52 posts

So sorry to hear of your accident Jimmy and even though you are still on the job, you are in our prayers

and will stay there until we know you are well and all healed again. We do so because we love you and God loves you also!

Billy and Barbara

Charles Craig
@charles-craig
10 years ago
57 posts

Take care of yourself my friend. Hope you heal quickly.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

Hope your injuries heal fast, sir.

Wally Bell
@wally-bell
10 years ago
83 posts
Thanks Jimmy for your great work here in Fredericksburg This weekend..... You are one tough guy..heal up !
Dub Simpson
@dub-simpson
10 years ago
8 posts

Sorry to hear this. Hope you have a speedy recovery.